LinchPin - Mobile Project Management with SAP
Managing a mobile workforce is key to project success. It requires the bi-directional sharing and integrating of project data independent of organization, platform, or geography. The CEI LinchPin© solution for Mobile Project Management with SAP gives project teams the ability to constantly stay up-to-date. It therefore turns mobile devices into the “LinchPin” of effective project management.
Does your project team “love” working with the complexities of your corporate business back-end system? Are all your project team members able to understand how project plans affect them specifically? Do they provide you with timely input? How do you distribute project schedules? How do you assign team members and keep track of their progress?
This is where Mobile Project Management comes in.
LinchPin Core Functionality
- Selection of Projects from ERP: Pick those projects from SAP that you are managing or involved with
- Display WBS Structures and Details: Access key information about WBS elements
- Display Activities: Display project activities and tasks with due dates
- Sort and Filter Activity Display: Use filters to view the list of project activities relevant to you today, color-coded based on their status, level of completion, and scheduled finish date
- Report Activity Progress: Confirm the completion of activities, into SAP ERP
- Report Actual Hours: Enter actual hours on project activities, fed back into SAP ERP for analyses, contractor invoicing, and billing to customers
- Add Newly Found Work Activities: Create new activities in SAP for found work, and put them into the queue for planning and scheduling
- Assign/Manage Team Members: Enable project managers and team leads to assign individual team members to a project task
- Notifications and Workflow: Keep project teams up-to-date, by assigning team members, reporting progress, adding new activities, and sharing of schedule changes
- Report Project Information: Access project reports to find out utilization, Earned Value, and progress
How can one know where an organization stands, unless this is analyzed in detail? This is what our Organizational Project Management Readiness (OPMR) Assessments are about.